Arunachal Pradesh Current Affairs 2018 | January ( from 1st January to 31st January) in brief
Arunachal Pradesh declared Open Defecation Free
On December 31, 2017, Arunachal Pradesh was declared as the second state in the Northeast (after Sikkim), to be declared Open Defecation Free (ODF).
- Arunachal has attained ODF status much before the national deadline of October 2, 2019.
India’s second FTII to be set up in Arunachal Pradesh
On January 6, 2018, Union Minister of State for Development of North Eastern Region, DrJitendra Singh announced that Central Government will set up second Film and Television Institute of Indian (FTII) in Arunachal Pradesh.
- This announcement was made by Mr. Singh while addressing ‘Indian Entertainment Industry:
Global Leader in Making’ conference organised by Bharat Niti and South India Film Chamber of
Commerce in Itanagar.
- Objective behind setting up FTII in Arunachal Pradesh is to tap the potential of India’s North
Arunachal Pradesh CM inaugurates World War II Memorial Museum in Changlang
On January 21, 2018, Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister PemaKhandu inaugurated the World War II Memorial Museum in state’s Changlang district.
- World War II Memorial Museum in Changlang has been built by the Union Culture Ministry
at a cost of Rs 2.25 crore.
- It has been built in memory of those who laid down their lives in World War II.
New moth species ‘Elcysma Ziroensis’ discovered in Arunachal Pradesh
A new moth species named ‘Elcysma Ziroensis’ has been discovered in the Talle Wildlife
Sanctuary in Arunachal Pradesh.
- This discovery has been published in the Journal of Threatened Taxa. It was published by
Jyoti Gogoi, J J Young and PunyoChada.
- This new species has been scientifically named Elcysma Ziroensis. It would be commonly
called Apatani Glory. This has been named after a local tribe called Apatani.
- The Elcysma Ziroensis is seen only during autumn, mainly, in September.